Friday, March 29, 2019

Reading Right Now - The Girl in the Spider's Web

As promised this week's reading right now post has nothing to do with pregnancy and childbirth.  In fact it is probably as far in the other direction as you can get.  (Told you, my taste is eccentric) Though I will admit that this is more what I'm listening to  than what I'm reading.  
This week's audio book is The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz.
  
Lagercrantz picks up the Millennium  series where it was left when Stieg Larsson died and this book surprisingly doesn't disappoint.  Like the other books in the Millennium series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) the book starts off kind of slow as it builds the backstory for the central plot and catches the reader up with what has happened to the main characters since the story left off.  The story still centers around Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist and their uncanny ability to get wrapped up in mysterious circumstances.  There has been a lot of computer and math nerd language used so far but Lagercrantz has done a good job of explaining it to the reader in a way that feels natural.  
I love the mystery that is woven through the story and they way everything wraps up in the end, I loved the twists and turns and unexpected surprise about who the real villain of the story is.

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...