Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Exhaustion

Over the weekend my husband ran an 8K and a Half Marathon.   You would think that that means that he is super exhausted today and absolutely worn out, strangely enough I think I'm more tired than he is.
My husband did not train for these races, but he is a natural runner and did really well.  He loves to run and has ran a lot of races over the years, some better than others and he has ran various lengths and at different frequencies.  This weekend's race we a bit of a last minute decision but he had fun.
I don't think I've realized until now how much of a toll the extra weight I have gained so far has taken on my body.  My feet are more sore than they should be given the amount I walked/stood, my back aches, and I'm super exhausted.  Also my knees keep popping and even my neck is tight.  I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow and I'm sure that will fix a lot of the neck and back stuff my the feet might be something I need to be more careful about for the rest of this pregnancy.
Overall this weekend really has made me understand more about how people who are truly overweight or obese and try to get more active in order to loose weight feel.  If two mornings of cheering for my husband while he raced could take that toll on my body, how much more painful must it be to walk 10,000 steps or stand for an hour when you have an extra 40 or 50 or even more pounds on your body.
I'm also taking this as my sign that I need to up my activity level daily throughout the end of this pregnancy so that I can be as healthy as possible when it comes time to push.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...