Thursday, March 7, 2019

Lenten Reflections

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday which marks the first day of Lent.  Traditionally this means it is time to enter into a period of fasting and pennance in order to focus more on your relationship with God.  Every year I do things a little different and instead of giving up something silly, like chocolate, I try to add something that actually does help further my relationship with God.  
This year since I am pregnant I am technically exempt from fasting (thank you because I have been ravenous this week!) but and still going to abstain from meat on the proper days because for me that isn’t a struggle at all (I’m just not much of a meat eater).
But what am I doing to actually further my relationship with Christ? I have dug out my old note book and resumes writing the Bible (yes you read that correctly) every day I will spend time copying words from the scripture into my notebook.   Studies show you remember and comprehend more when you copy your own notes from class during study time so I figure this helps me better retain what the Bible says.
On the kind of silly side I am also taking advantage of this time to prepare more for Baby L by choosing one item per day to get rid of - there will probably be more than 40 items make their way out of this house but I’m going to make sure at least one thing is put in the get rid of pile. We have been in this house for 4 years now and still have boxes that were never unpacked in what will be the baby’s room.   No time like the present!

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...