1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
½ lb. (8 oz.) frozen corn
¼ Cup water
1 Tbsp chili powder
½ Tbsp cumin
½ Tbsp minced garlic
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp salt
cracked pepper to taste
2 cups dry rice
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
½ bunch cilantro (optional)
· Add ingredients to slow cooker, making sure that chicken is covered by mixture.
· Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hrs.
· After 8 hours of cooking stir with fork to shred chicken.
· Prepare two cups of rice according to instructions on package. Fluff with a fork before serving.
· Build the taco bowls by placing rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.
If freezing-either freeze ingredients before cooking then thaw before cooking or freeze after cooking and heat while rice cooks for serving.
I froze my ingredients before cooking. This makes 8-10 servings and is 100% 24 Day Challenge/10 Day Cleanse friendly if you serve it with brown rice and omit the cheese & sour cream.