Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pumpkin Chili

This is a recipe I make all the time.  For that reason it is very fluid and every time it turns out slightly different but it is also delicious and hubby and I LOVE it.

1 can diced tomatoes
1 lb ground meat
1 large can pumpkin purée 
1/2 onion chopped
1 can rotel (or another can of tomatoes depending on your preferred spice level)
1Tbsp cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp nutmeg 
Salt & Pepper to taste (I omit) 

Brown meat & sauté onion with meat.  Drain fat and add all other ingredients.  Simmer until heated through or cook in crock pot on low 6-10 hours. This is a recipe that really gets better with the more time the flavores have to meld together.  

The pumpkin gives this recipe a great smoothness that makes it super yummy and makes it so that you don't need cheese or sour cream! 




Here is a picture of my bowl of chili from lunch yesterday!  

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...