Thursday, January 21, 2016

Amazing turkey meatloaf

I divided this into two loaves thinking I could get 4 servings per loaf (1 pound of meat / 4 servings made sense to me!) but hubbys reaction both times I've cooked it so far has been "That's all I get" so I think next time I will double the recipe and make 3 loaves total so that they are a little bigger because we certainly don't need a full 1/2 pound of meat per serving.   


Meatloaf with quinoa, Lima beans, and homemade sauerkraut. 

Ingredients
  • 2lbs lean ground turkey
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 1 egg
  • Garlic powder
  • Pepper
  • ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
  • ¼ Cup almond milk (unsweetened)
  • Ketchup (I used a natural one but I am sure any would work)
  • Instructions
  1. Mix together and form it to the baking dish (about 2½ inches thick). 
  2. Put ketchup on top and bake at 375 for about 1 hour or until cooked through
To Freeze: 
Mix together and form loaf.  Wrap in butcher paper or waxed paper then again in plastic wrap or foil (or vacuum seal) and freeze.   
When ready to cook thaw in baking dish then cover with Ketchup and bake.

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...