Friday, May 6, 2011

What it's like having a husband in RTC

Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day.  I didn't even know this day existed until yesterday, but I'm glad it does.  I vowed to help others going through what I am going through by actually blogging and writing down how I feel.  Well here is the first in what I hope will be many posts about just that--how I feel and what I am going through. 


Some days it's hard.
Some days you just want to curl up and cry.
Then you think of the road ahead of you--
The 6 month deployments,
And want to cry some more.

You think--I can't do this alone.
You wonder--How are we going to be able to make it
You ask--Why did we think this was a good idea?

Other days it's easy.
You get the whole bed to your self
The dogs make you laugh
You get coffee with friends
You have less laundry to wash
Those days are good, but then you feel guilty--
Because you don't miss him...

Some days you just have to pretend he is at the store
Buying you ice cream
Or at work...which he is....
Some days it's easier to pretent
Some days pretending is the only way you can get by

Some days you're happy
You're so proud of what he is doing
You get a letter and things are going well
Happy days are the best.

Most days are some combination of all of the above.
You will be so happy then start crying from no where
In a lot of ways the adjustment is like grieving
But remember you will adjust
You will keep strong
You can do it

And at the end of the day, no matter what kind of day it is,
You are married to a wonderful man,
Doing wonderful things,
For you and your family,
For our country. 
It is a sacrifice, but it's worth it.

1 comment:

Sespi said...

Aww, I liked this :)

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...