Monday, May 2, 2011

I am going to help.

I have been a selfish brat.
I tend to be a selfish brat a lot.  Not in a way that a is noticeable to other people.  In fact most people think that I am loving, self sacrificing, kind, giving and anything but selfish--of course the brat part, well we can all be bratty sometimes right?   But I have been extra selfish lately and no one even knows it. 

When Hubby and I first starting to discuss the military I instantly turned to the internet for information.  I drew on the experiences of all of the military spouses and girlfriends that came before me.  I asked questions and got answers.  I read about others experiences to get an idea about what to expect.  I then started this blog for a few different reasons.  I started my blog so that I had a way to easily track/follow all of my blogging friends.  I started my blog as a way to chronicle our journey for my self.  Most of all I started the blog so that I might be able to help others the way I had been helped by all of my friends blogs. 

Then Hubby left for RTC...and I became selfish.  I haven't been blogging because I didn't want to blog.  I haven't been sharing because it's painful.  I don't want to sound like a whiny selfish brat but in reality by not blogging I have been exactly that.  If I am going to help other people I need to be honest and I need to blog about what is going on.  Even if I am emotional and whiny and selfish I need to write about what I feel so that others know that it is normal and OK...so guess what, welcome to the emotional roller coaster that is probably going to be my life for the next 20 years. Please fasten your safety belts and keep your hands inside the car while the ride is in motion.

PS--While I am not a dark depressing person therefore I do not anticipate my blog becoming a constant bitchfest I also don't expect it to be all sunshine and rainbows.  Unfortunately I am more of a sunshine, rainbows and puppies kind of person so I have neglected blogging for the fear something negative would sneak in.  It is time for me to get over that fear and be honest with myself and everyone else so here it goes wish me luck! 

My name is Shanon and I am a self-sufficient, strong, independent, career woman who is madly in love with my husband an enlisted sailor in the US Navy and because of that I desperately want to live up to the June Cleaver standard (which we all know is impossible!)...I am Modern meets Traditional.

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...