Thursday, April 13, 2017

Unexplainable Panic

Ok, so not really unexplainable...but un-like me and at a random time.   
This morning I was getting ready for work.   I was putting on my makeup and as I started to apply my eyeliner I was overwhelmed by emotion.   It was completely uncontrollable; I ended up with a streak of eyeliner up the side of my face and on the bathroom floor in a ball crying for over 5 minutes.   
I have only had a panic attack one other time in my life, and that was when my mom told me that my dad had passed away, and I was able to pull myself together enough to form coherent thoughts and sentences after about 2 or 3 minutes.  Today I couldn’t even understand my own thoughts let alone have voiced them if I tried. 
This was worse.   I have no doubt that baby stress is what caused it but it was so bizarre because babies were the farthest thing from my mind at the time.   I was doing my makeup, had just gotten out of the shower and was trying to decide if I should be concerned about the noise I heard coming from downstairs that sounded like the dogs scratching on something (turns out one of our dogs and gotten a bag of beef jerky off of the coffee table and was still working diligently at getting it open once I made it downstairs after I got myself together after the panic attack—so yeah, I should have been concerned). Next thing I knew I was on the floor sobbing and couldn’t catch my breath.   

What a great way to start my day.  #thisisreallife    

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...