Saturday, April 22, 2017

Mixed Emotions

Tomorrow my husband and I will be confirmed in the Catholic church.   This is something that has been a long time coming in my life and I am truly excited for this moment.
I've been drawn to the Catholic faith for a long time, while I was raised in a non-denominational church and fee like that experience did a lot to shape my belief system as I learned more about the Catholic church I realized that the church teachings are very simple and speak to me at a deeper level.

I attended a Catholic University for my undergraduate degree.   As a result of this I was surrounded by many people who were raised Catholic.   I attended mass on a regular basis (I had a scholarship for being part of the choir on campus) and could fake Catholic better than most of my friends who actually were Catholic.

When I got married to my husband he had been raised in the Presbyterian church and getting him to attend any church with me was difficult.   He would attend the small christian church where he grew up and where we were married (they had VBS and stuff when he was a kid so he went between there for the "Kid" formation and the Presbyterian church for actual church) but that was about it.   When we moved away from our hometown it became more difficult to find a church he was willing to attend.

About a year ago he decided that he wanted to give the Catholic church a chance--and here we are.   Tomorrow we will be confirmed into the Catholic church together.

It's funny though.  People are making such a huge deal about Hubby's special day...and no one even seems to car about the fact that it's my special day too.   I just said something about it to his sponsor who is visiting us from home for the occasion and found out that his sponsor didn't even know I was being confirmed.

At least now I know why only my sponsor, my mom and one of my girlfriends at work seem to be the only two people who really care about my feelings about tomorrow.

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...