Monday, April 10, 2017

Infertility Background Part 3


To pickup where I left off my last background post--
A couple of days after I miscarried I went to my regularly scheduled ob/gyn appointment--which was supposed to be my first prenatal appointment.  When I got to the office and checked in I told the receptionist what had happened and that the ER told me to keep the appointment.  The receptionist immediately adopted a different demeanor and apologized for what I had gone through and told me to take a seat.   I then heard her talking on the phone in hushed tones with who I later found out was the nurse practitioner I was scheduled to see.  

The nurse practitioner came out and immediately ushered me back into a room apologizing that I had been told to keep the appointment because she wasn't who I would need to see but that since I was there anyway she wanted to check and see how I was doing/handling things.   That nurse was probably one of the nicest people I have ever been seen by in a medical facility.  She seemed truly concerned for me as a person.  

I must say, despite some miscommunications and having to navigate the red tape of military medical care I have always received good treatment in the end and have been blessed to have doctors who are on top of their game whenever strange things have happened.   I can only hope that this continues to be the case as we continue on this journey.  

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...