Thursday, October 22, 2009

Random Rambelings

Yesterday hubby recieved a letter from our friend (we shall call him Diver) who made pretty much the same decision at the same time as hubby and I.  Diver and his "wife" decided to have a civil wedding and not tell their families so that she would qualify as a wife for Navy purposes the same time Hubby and I decided we were really going to do this.  Diver is a fun guy.  He was in our wedding and his wife was my day of stress out person so that people would leave me alone.  Diver has joined the navy for a job that you must be absolutly nuts to do, he wants to jump out of perfectly good helicopters into the ocean...see Diver :)  Anyway it was great to hear from him and he had some great tips for hubby when he goes off to basic.  He graduates next month so hubs and I are planning a road trip up to Chicago to watch him.  Just one delimia...What should I wear??? :)


On an unrelated note:  Today was our open enrollment meeting for insurance at Theme Park World.  I guess I need to have hubby go see his recruiter this week to figure out a better time line for stuff so that we can decide what to do about insurance.  I can't not have it but I don't know if it is worth it to spend the extra $100+ per month to keep him on there when he never gets sick and when neither of us will need it for at least 7 months out of the year...Guess I'll just keep pondering and take the paperwork home tonight...

Back to the coal mines...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Diver sounds cool! Jerad is a paratrooper and jumps out of perfectly good airplanes onto the hard ground! He's never been seriously hurt, although there are lots of guys who have. Scary!

Shanon said...

I just don't understand why anyone would ever want to jump out of a perfectly good plane! Better them than me

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...