Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day Shift--Day One

Today is hubby's first day working day shift in a long time.  He starts his new job in about 45 minutes.  Hubby just walked out the door and it was so cute, he looks at me and says "why do I have to leave for work before you are even dressed, you have to be at work before me!"  Which is true, I usually try to get into the office before 8:30, lucky me tho my commute is all of 2 miles and that includes the drive around the ENTIRE complex to my parking lot...Takes 5 minutes, 10 if I stop for coffee which I very well may do today!   I hope that his first day goes well.  We went to bed around 11 last night so that hubby could be well rested, he had been up for over 24 hours at that point so that he would sleep last night...about 12 he got out of bed b/c he couldn't sleep and when the alarm went off at 6 this morning he was still up.  The next two weeks are going to be killer with him working both jobs.  I can't waite until he gets into a normal schedule that involves actually sleeping when it is dark outside!
Weight loss update, as of today hubs has 18 pounds until he is where he thinks his recruiter wants him, and I've lost another pound, that puts me at 19 more pounds before Christmas, and 29 more pounds before Derby! (I have to set small goals, I don't do well saying I want to lose 40 pounds by Derby, I do better with 20 by Christmas then I'll start on the second goal.)
Guess I should get dressed and head to the office.  Izzy the puppy says hi, she just jumped on the laptop trying to get me to play.  She was REALLY confused when hubby went out the door this morning she's been lying next to the door scratching at the bottom of it but now shes on the couch cuddled up with her mommy :)

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...