Wednesday, June 15, 2016

5 Year Plan

So I mentioned last week while we were traveling that hubby and I had come up with some ideas that would alter our current 5 year plan.  While I think that it is important to share specific goals with others in order to help yourself achieve them I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to share these specific ideas with the entire blog-o-sphere at this particular moment.   However I did want to take a brief minute to talk about how to build a good plan for your personal life and what we will be doing over the next month or so to put our 5 year plan into writing.

  1. Set SMART goals.  (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely)

  2. Set intervals at which to measure each individual goal (6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc)

  3. Outline how you intend to reach your goal/what action steps you are going to take

  4. Determine what you really want to achieve by accomplishing your goal (i.e. if your goal is to pay off all debt why do you want to do this? To be financially free? To save up for a down payment for a house? Etc.) 

  5. Reevaluate your plan and goals regularly to determine if they are still relevant

    If you write out your goals and follow this outline for setting up your personal 5 year plan you will be well on your way to accomplishing them.

     

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...