Thursday, May 10, 2012

10-day cleanse progress report


Phase 1—The first three days of the cleanse are fairly simple, to refresh—
No: alcohol, caffeine, processed OJ, sugar, refined carbs, red meat, dairy, wheat, additives, preservatives, salt.
Limit: white meat, white fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, grains (barley, rye, oats), milk substitutes, white potatoes, tomatoes, and organic yogurt (guess it’s the one dairy thing that’s ok?)
How have I done? Well here is what I’ve had to eat:
Monday:
B: Tangelo, Pineapple Juice, Unsalted Roasted Almonds
L: Salad with Mushrooms, Onion, Beets, Bell Peppers, Raisins & Balsamic Vinegar and a small side of Quinoa.
D: Chicken Breast, Sweet Potato w/Ginger & Cinnamon, Lettuce w/Balsamic Vinegar
Snack: Cocoa Roasted Almonds
Tuesday:
B: Strawberries, Hard Boiled Egg, Banana
L: Salad with Mushrooms, Onion, Beets, Bell Peppers, Raisins & Balsamic Vinegar and a small side of cooked Baby Carrots.
D: Salad w/Chicken Breast, Almonds, Strawberries, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms & Balsamic Vinegar
Snacks: Unsalted Almonds, Tangelo, Baby Carrots, Blueberries, Silk Mixed Berry Fruit & Protein
Wednesday:
B: Granola w/Almonds and Honey, V8
L: Baked Potato, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Green Onion, & Tomatoes with 1tsp of butter
D: Flounder, Zucchini, Sweet Potato w/Ginger and Cinnamon
Snacks: Banana w/Natural Peanut Butter, Tangelo, Silk Fruit & Protein-Mixed Berry, Blueberries
I’ve noticed a change in my energy level already, I’ve been sleeping better, and I’m really proud of myself for avoiding caffeine and chocolate! Today starts the hard phase, 4 days with no foods from the limit list so no meat, no milk substitute, and no nuts, I think I’m going to have to find a way to incorporate beans into a couple of meals for protein this weekend. Tonight shouldn’t be bad since hubby has duty I’ll probably just eat raw veggies and fruit for dinner, maybe some air-popped popcorn. Tomorrow night we plan on trying to grill butternut squash for the first time, wish us luck!
On the exercise side I did some research and discovered that they discourage over-exertion because of the drastic change from most people’s regular diets (less fat, carbs, protein, calories) so I’ve toned down my goals a little bit. Monday I walked on the beach with the puppies for about 30 minutes, Tuesday I took a 20 minute bike ride, yesterday I had a final exam and by the time I was done with it hubby was asleep so I stretched some and did about 25 crunches, I figured at least it’s something. This morning I stretched and did crunches again before I got in the shower I think I’m going to make it my new morning routine, so easy, doesn’t take very long, and stretching is a good thing.
Oh and the thing you all want to know—the scale this morning was 4lbs lower than it was on Monday. This means I’m less than 20lbs from my goal weight!!! And right at 10lbs from being back in the “healthy” BMI range and out of “overweight”!

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...