Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Spartan Training Underway

I am normally a fairly active person.  A few years ago my husband and I set out to live healthier and loose some weight and I lost about 15 pounds that stayed off for over 3 years.   Then in January of this year I started having some problems with my feet, life got busy, and I went through a bit of an emotional funk.  These forces combined and translated into me gaining back 10 of the 15 pounds I had kept off for over 3 years.

Last year my husband discovered Spartan races and completed his first Trifecta.  I am NOT a runner.  But I do enjoy race environments.  I also like being outside in nature and did a 5k Viking Dash Trail Run once that was fun.  So I told my husband I would do a sprint if he could get our friends to join a team (all while thinking there was no way that my friends would do it).   Of course I was wrong, one of our friends joined in immediately.

So in July, right before my 33rd birthday I will be competing in a Spartan Sprint in Fort Knox, KY with my husband and some friends.   Because I am in decent but not great shape it is time to start training, and what better way to start training than to hold myself accountable by documenting my training on this blog.

So today I started training! 75 days to go :)

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...