Saturday, May 19, 2018

If at first you don't succeed

One day...I made it one day into my regular blog updates before I forgot I set up the blog.
One week...I made it one week into my training plan before life happened and I fell off the wagon.  Well, not completely off the wagon, but I certainly wasn't checking off all of my workouts the way I had planned.

So, back on it we go.   Tomorrow I am running a 5k with Girls on the Run as a Sparkle Runner.  What is Girls on the Run? GOTR is an organization that works to inspire young girls through programing that culminates in a 5K run at the end of the program.  What is a Sparkle Runner?  A Sparkle Runner is an adult volunteer who runs with the 5k to help cheer the girls along their way.  Each girl has a running buddy, but sparkle runners are running without a specific running buddy to help cheer the girls and run with girls who may be separated from their buddies for safety purposes.

This will be my first year serving as a Sparkle Runner but I love the idea and am so excited to run in my sparkle cape and to carry my scepter (That's right, I get a scepter) I even have a pretty plastic Tiara to wear!  Of course I'm also a little nervous, these girls have been running almost every day for the past 3 months in preparation for this race--I hope that I can keep up! :)

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...