Saturday, May 6, 2017

Sick Day

I have not taken a sick day from work in over 5 years.  Unfortunately that track record ended today.  I absolutely feel like I am going to die.   On Thursday I started having allergy symptoms that turned into a cold, on Saturday and Sunday I started running a low grade (extremely low grade, like 1%) fever by yesterday I started feeling even worse, my ears started draining and my throat started to swell.  This morning I finally gave up and decided to take a sick day and go to the doctor.
Of course it's viral and there isn't really anything that the doctor could do but I did manage to get a prescription for cough medicine with codine and have successfully slept the majority of the day away.   I really hope that I am feeling better by tomorrow.  What's even worse is I'm technically in that two week window where I generally try to avoid anything that runs any risk of harming a baby just in case I'm pregnant.  I asked my doctor about it and she said in this case given my symptoms me being this sick is a far worse risk than taking the medicine she prescribed and OTC decongestant and allergy medicine she recommended as directed.
YUCK!!!!

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...