Saturday, May 6, 2017

Macros Macros Everywhere

So have you ever heard of macros?
In this particular context I'm referring to nutritional macros.
As a general rule I have tracked nutritional macros in the past.  I followed a basic rule of trying for less than 50% carbs and whole foods, this is something that has worked for me in the past, however I was plateaued.
So I turned to a macro website that offers a free tool to calculate macros based on personal information.   Unfortunately the formula used by the free tool didn't work for me.  I ended up gaining weight using that plan.
So I decided to take a different approach.  A friend of mine introduced me to Poppy Locks Elizabeth at Poppy Locks specializes in computing customized macros for women taking into account, height, weight, body type, activity level, and health issues.  She sent me a great set of customized macros along with detailed instructions on how to tweak them if I wasn't seeing results or my activity level changed.
This weekend I am sitting with my husband to work on planning out my meals for this week to hit these macros while also trying to incorporate a more plant based diet.
Getting 145 grams of protein per day while also attempting to shift to a primarily plant based diet is going to be difficult but I'm going to figure out how to make it work.
On the off chance anyone is actually reading this blog...and you happen to have any suggestions, please share them with me!!!!

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...