Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Chiropractic Care

I am a huge fan of chiropractic care.  About a year and a half ago I was in a car accident and as a result I suffered a minor case of whiplash and couldn't turn my neck...at all... I went to the ER and because it was all soft tissue damage their "solution" was for me to keep my neck stabilized and take narcotic pain medication.
That plan wasn't going to work for me.  I'm a CPA.  It was November.  I had work to do and was getting ready to go on a trip out of town to visit family.  I couldn't work while taking pain killers.   I couldn't drive to and from work.  And I'm one of those people who just wants to sleep when they are on painkillers.
So I didn't take them, and I found another option.
I started researching chiropractors in the area and found one that sounded promising.   My doctor puts a lot of stress on healthy living.   She truly wants to help people be as healthy as possible.   She has free workshops for her patients covering a variety of health and wellness topics ranging from essential oils to stress management to naturopathic medicine all hosted by experts in their field.
I loved going to the Chiropractor, I loved the environment and I loved the way I felt supported during my treatment.
Unfortunately for a number of reasons continuing treatment wasn't in our budget after my whiplash was healed.   Luckily and excitedly TODAY I was able to resume treatment.
I am so excited to be back working with my chiropractor towards better overall health.
Today she did an initial screening to measure where I have the most tension, subluxations, and other issues.   She also made initial adjustments on areas that were obviously in need.   I go back next week to discuss my treatment plan and determine the best course of treatment for me.   During this conversations we are going to talk about the best holistic approach to help me accomplish my goals.   We are going to discuss working towards better overall health, less stress, healing my PCOS/mitigating symptoms of my PCOS, and developing my abs.  (#absorababy)

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...