Friday, July 29, 2011

Help me, help you...or well other people like us...

As many of you know I work for a non-profit foundation.  The primary focus of our foundation is to help a specific sorority and it's members.  One of our alums wants to establish a fund to help our members who are either in the military or milspouses.  As the "resident military expert" *bah!* I have been tasked with drafting the description of the fund so that we can fulfill her wishes.  Yesterday I recieved a lot of help on Twitter but thought some of the people who read my blog and are not on Twitter might want to chime in as well.  What I am needing is ideas of examples of surprise/emergency expenses that military families face that may require outside assistance so far I have:
Car Repairs
Lay-off/loss of job for civilian spouse
Large appliance repair
Emergency home/plumbing repair
Pet boarding in emergency situations
Travel costs due to sick family member in the house hold
Child care related to illness or injury of parent (either military or civilian)
Medical expenses not covered by tri-care
Emergency travel for family illness/emergency/death
Travel expenses to bring family member to duty station during emergency while service member is deployed
Housing/Food expenses due to loss of income for any reason

Feel free to chime in!  I need the help! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

General expenses when pay is delayed, messed up, etc., until back pay/normal pay is restored.

Sespi said...

Emergency pet expenses! I know of at least one milspouse who had to findraise for surgery for her dog and we were almost in that situation too with Shecky's knee.

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...