Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Family Drama

As I have gotten older I have learned that pretty much everyone has some sort of family drama.   I used to think that it was strange for families to have drama, especially over little things, since my mom's family genuinely likes each other and gets along.  My dad's family had some skeletons in the closet but nothing I would consider drama, and he had a fight with his sister when his dad died but even that seemed legit to me. 
My husbands family isn't exactly the same as mine.  His family doesn't talk about problems they just pretend they don't exist, family events (especially funerals) are made up of more gossip than most of my sorority events in college, and I honestly believe the majority of his immediate family members tolerate each other at best.
Sometimes this difference in attitude is very difficult for me to understand and unsurprisingly it has bubbled to the surface during our baby-celebration planning.  My husband is used to the attitudes so he just kind of ignores it and tells me to do the same but I have a hard time with that.  Especially with my hormones all over the place.
So-what about you? Does your extended family like each other, hate each other, or are they somewhere in the middle? Does your significant others family handle things differently from yours? How do you adjust to the differences?

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...