This is not a freezer meal
I repeat this is not a freezer meal
Spaghetti squash doesn't exactly freeze well, and if you are going to make this then add it to the squash later...what's the point, it doesn't take that long to cook after you roast the spaghetti squash so....
Hubby loves Thai food...he was really excited when I decided to try my hand at this Spaghetti squash Pad Thai recipe. It was really yummy, I was probably a little too heavy handed with the red pepper flakes for my taste but it was perfect for hubby. Next time I'll probably stick with the 1 tsp the recipe calls for and let him add heat via siracha or chili oil to his.
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 10-20 large shrimps
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2-3 organic eggsSauce
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Optional: 2 tbsp oyster sauce or Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp ground garlicInstructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Roast spaghetti squash and set aside
- 3. In a bowl mix together sauce ingredients and set aside
- 4. In a large pan, sauté 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil with 2 garlic cloves crushed, half of a red onion chopped, chopped mushrooms, carrots, sprouts, and scallions (and any other veggies you like)
- 5. Once cooked down, add shrimp and chicken (uncooked or slow cooker chicken) and cook for 5-8 minutes, until protein is cooked
- 6. Add in spaghetti squash (approx. 3 cups) and sauce mixture, mix well to combine
- 7. Make a space in the center of your pan and add in 2 (or 3) eggs
- 8. Let cook and mix well throughout the mixture.
- 9. Taste and adjust spices to desired liking*
- Optional: Top with extra scallions and finely chopped peanuts on top*Notes
- You'll need to add as you taste!
- If you like more of a saucy Pad Thai, taste and add more sauce as desired. I mix in sriracha in mine*