Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquakes, and Hurricanes, and Sunshine...Oh My!

Earthquakes
So everyone is all a-buzz with the news of the earthquake last night in Colorado and the one this afternoon in Virginia.  So far everyone I know in both areas is ok, thankfully.  When you aren't prepared/used to hurricanes the devestations from even a minor one can be extreamly bad.
Hurricanes
Of course I am a super bright person and didn't even realize the looming hurricane is headed straight for the Norfolk area this weekend until I visited weather.com this afternoon to look up information about the earthquake...a little out of touch am I?  Not only is the hurricane scheduled to hit this weekend, I am also supposed to be in Norfolk visiting hubby this weekend...YAY my first hurricane experience...Wish me luck :)  I'm actually a little excited by this (yes I know I'm crazy!) but where Adam's apartment is I will be able to sit on the beach and watch the storm assuming it isn't too bad and current weather forcasts have it down to a level 1 by the time it reaches Norfolk. 
Sunshine
Today was a beautiful day.  It wasn't to hot, there was almost no humidity and the sun was shining.  It was perfect.  My boss bought us pizza and we sat outside to eat lunch...It was wonderful I am so lucky to work in such a beautiful building in such a beautiful town where our back yard is a southern plantation style verenanda with a lake and trees!

So--If you could re-write Lions and Tigers and Bears to describe your day today what words would you use????

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...