The only type of food we like as much as Mexican is Asian. This fried rice recipe is way healthier than what we buy at the take out place down the street, way healthier, and just as yummy :)
- 3.5 Cups uncooked rice
- Sesame Oil
- 8-10 Eggs
- 1 cup Leftover Roast Chicken (or ham or any other kind of meat really) chopped
- Package of frozen mixed vegetables (or use your food processor and finely chop any kinds of veggies you have lyin around...example broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, etc.)
- ⅓ cup Chicken Soup Base (or 1-2 packages Fried Rice seasoning mix)Instructions
- Cook your Rice according to package instructions. If you are making dinner ahead of time you can chill the rice, or if making it last minute like I do, just let the rice steam an additional 15 minutes after it is done after the heat is off.
- Next, Mix your eggs, add a dash of salt n pepper. Then go ahead and scramble-cook them. I normally just add a little butter to the pan. Then continually scrape pan and cook till done. Set eggs aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pan, add ¼ cup sesame oil. Toss in chopped roasted chicken or other meat. Cook for a few minutes.
- Then add your vegetables and chicken soup base/seasoning packets to the chicken and cook until vegetables are done.
- Then just add your mix to the cooked rice.
- Mix it all up and serve. Yum!For Freezer Meal cooking you can add your cooked Fried Rice to gallon freezer safe bags or in a pan covered with foil. I found some great cheap-O aluminum carry-out pans (you know the ones with the silver cardboard lid) at dollar tree 3/$1 that were perfect. Each pan held about 1/2 the recipe so I was able to pull it straight from the freezer, cover in foil (since cardboard isn't exactly oven safe) and put it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees to heat through.