This is another not exactly 100% clean but really delicious and mostly healthy comfort meal. I made smaller pot pies with the crust wrapped around them verses traditional style ones covered with a second crust so that we could get 1 or 2 meals out of each pie instead of 3-4 that we would if I had made these the traditional way. I used the cheap-O metal carry out containers I found at dollar tree for these instead of a pie tin also since the carry out containers had lids and were so cheap.
Next time I will probably use 1/2 as much of the has browns and add an extra 8 oz of frozen vegetables...It was kind of heavy with all of the potatoes with the crust given how few carbs we eat in this house.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Homemade Gravy made from homemade chicken stock preferred or use (2) Campbells chicken/turkey gravy in jar
- (2) Top & Bottom piece Pie Crust
- Frozen Hashbrowns (diced) 16 oz. bag
- Frozen Peas & Carrots combination 12 oz. bag (or any frozen vegetables you like)
- Onion, ¼ cup diced small (optional )
- salt & pepper to tasteInstructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take pie crusts out of package. If you have purchased the ones in the tins take one tin out and thaw on counter. Turn the second tin upside down as it thaws.
- While that it thawing mix together in a large bowl the shredded chicken, hashbrowns, peas & carrots, onion (opt) and gravy.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- When pie crust has thawed (15 minutes usually) add pot pie ingredients into pie tin with crust.
- Then take the upside down crust and gently place it on top of the pie carefully. Spread it out and pinch the two pie crusts together on the seams.
- Poke a few holes with a knife or fork on top of pie.
- Cover and FREEZE if you want this as a freezer meal, or place in oven at 350 degrees and cook for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown and you can hear the inside is bubbling.