Monday, April 11, 2011

Please help Raise the Woof!

I sent the below email to my friends and family last night but I want to also share it with you, my blogger friends and family so that you also may help. The friend I will be running with is @sespi from And You Never Did Think if you don't follow her blog, you should because she pretty much rocks!  The family we are supporting is that of @minivangirl from Mom is Tired and @justplainj  you can follow the fundraiser @raisethewoof on twitter also!  They are an amazing couple who continue to impress me.  SO without further ado:
Dear Friends and Family,

On May 14, a friend and I will be running (yes, RUNNING!) in a 5K to benefit a low cost spay and neuter clinic in Augusta, GA. The entry fee for the 5k goes to the spay and neuter clinic, and I would also like to use this opportunity to help fund raise for a military family trying to get a service dog for their daughter, Faith.

Faith is 7 years old and suffers from multiple disabilities, including autism and mild cerebral palsy. Her parents have discovered that dogs can not only provide physical assistance, but also help to calm her. The cost of a service dog ranges from $13-$14k. Unfortunately, the family's insurance does not cover service dogs and they cannot come up with this large sum of money on their own. 

You can hear more about Faith and the "Raise the Woof" fundraiser by visiting this website: http://www.giveforward.com/raisethewoof 

You can also make donations to help raise the funds for the dog on this site. If you would like to help, but are not comfortable donating online please feel free to contact me and I can help you forward it to Faith's family. 

I know that many of us are on tight budgets, but believe me when I say that in this case even $1 really does help. If you cannot afford to donate, please help support Faith and her family by forwarding this email to your friends and families as well. 

Thank you for your support!
Love,
Shanon

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...