Monday, October 12, 2020

Weaning...ish...during COVID

 Little Dude is over 1 now which means that food is now supposed to be his primary form of nutrition with breastmilk simply being a supplement.   Since we have had so many issues with Little Dude not drinking his milk at daycare we decided to stop sending milk to daycare and to wean off of the pump.  

I think doing this during the crazy COVID environment made me a little nervous, what if one of us was exposed to COVID and Little Dude needed the extra immunities from me to keep himself healthy? But in the end I decided that since he is still breastfeeding directly that it was the best option for us.  I hope that Little Dude continues to breastfeed through the next 10ish months until at least his 2nd birthday and possibly extended beyond that in accordance with the WHO recommendations but I am so glad that we were able to make it this far so I'm just going to do my best to provide him with the best nutrition available.  


No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...